Sat Nav post code: M4 7JA.
What3Words: click link >
Gallery Studio 516
113 Pollard Street
When you arrive
Access to the studio:
- The big black entrance gates may be closed – telephone me and I’ll come downstairs to open them.
- The green corner entrance door to the Mill will be closed for security – use the video/intercom to call up to the studio.
- Use the arrow keys to scroll to 516 Creative Art Courses + press the bell button at the bottom of the panel.
- or phone your tutor
- You can take the lift or stairs to the 5th floor (please close the lift doors)
When Manchester City or Manchester United play at home, please allow extra time for your journey, if travelling by car.
Please check their websites for fixture listings.
Creative Art Courses is based in Ancoats, Manchester. You will find me close to the city centre. Approach from the Alan Turing Way if arriving from the North or from Trinity Way if coming via the city centre or the south. Access to Pollard Street is via Beswick street only. Have a good look at the map, and please don’t rely on your sat nav only as Pollard street is now a cul de sac due to the Metrolink line cutting across the street.
AWOL Studios are in Hope Mill just past Kimgary Fabrics. Keep an eye out for Hope Mill Theatre who are also based at Hope Mill. When arriving at the Mill you will see the empty grassed area opposite, a yellow banner for AWOL Studios, and heavy black metal gates framing a driveway with access to the car park and Mill entrance. There is no visible sign that says Hope Mill – so take a good look at the photo below so you know what the Mill looks like!
The car park is accessible down the drive on your right. You have permission to park in the mill car park while attending my course. Please park courteously.
Metrolink + Bus
If travelling from outside Manchester you will arrive at either Piccadilly or Victoria stations. Hope Mill is a 20 min walk from Piccadilly station. There is a Metrolink connection at both mainline stations.
When travelling on the Metrolink, alight at New Islington on the Ashton Line. This is a short 3 min walk (about 450 paces!). You can take a Metrolink from either mainline train station. New Islington is included in the ‘city centre’ group of Metrolink stations and may be included as part of your train ticket – check your ticket details.
Plan your journey from anywhere in the country on the T4GM and Metrolink websites.
Please check Metrolink website for travel restrictions as there is major development/construction work underway at present.
Directions by bus
- Catch the 216 from central Manchester towards Droylsden
- Alight at New Islington Metrolink
- Follow my walking instructions
Plan your journey, get further information and timetables on the T4GM website.
From New Islington Metrolink stop
- Get off at New Islington, walk along Pollard street away from the city centre.
- Reach traffic lights adjacent to a Primary school and The Bank pub (boarded up).
- Cross the road to The Bank pub and continue along Pollard street (do not follow the tram lines).
- Walk on the left side pavement past the Ancoats Works brick building. Hope Mill and AWOL Studios is the next brick mill building along, before Kimgary Fabrics.
- Turn left through the black gates and down the drive – the entrance is under the glass canopy to the left of Hope Mill theatre.
- Bring your bike up to the 5th floor using the lift (safest option)
- Securely padlock your bike to the railings under the glass canopy
15 May 2023 @ 2:30 pm
I have trouble walking – have a blue badge. Where would be good to park?
20 May 2023 @ 8:34 pm
The mill has its own courtyard car park which you can use while you are attending my courses. However, please be aware that we are on the 5th floor and although there is a lift I cannot always guarantee it is in use (all technology breaks down or requires maintenance from time to time). Please telephone me to discuss access if you feel your mobility may cause you issues accessing the studio. Happy to chat.