PAYG Creative Saturday
PAYG Creative Saturday. Pay-as-you-go Creative Saturdays are all about enjoying a creative, fun and sociable time in the studio. Join us on these single days as and when you wish, for creative drawing and painting – ideal for beginners, improvers, and those looking for added input into their artistic development. The PAYG Creative Saturdays gives you the time to indulge your creative side on any creative drawing or painting project you wish under the close guidance and support of an experienced tutor.
The PAYG Creative Saturdays provides the right atmosphere of creativity, inspiration, relaxation and learning for all ability and experience levels.
Some materials included
Tutor: Brigid Brind
12 May 2018
16 June 2018
Basic art materials provided
Drawing pencils (HB, 2B)
Suggested additional materials to bring
Pencil: 4B, 6B, 8 or 9B
Daler Rowney Fine Grain – heavy weight drawing pad – A3, 200gsm
If unsure what to bring please bring what you can or use the studio materials, and ask the tutor at 1st session.
Optional items to bring
Painting + drawing materials you may need not listed above.
Your own choice of painting surface: stretched canvas, canvas boards, specialist watercolour or acrylic paper, etc
Baby wipes (hand cleansing tissues)
Rag (old cloth) for cleaning brushes
Wear old clothes or bring an apron
Freely available in the studio
Still life objects to draw and paint
Sat: 10 – 4pm
Tutor: Brigid Brind
Beginner, Improver, Intermediate, 16+, adults
Note: those 16+17 years old must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Min 6 – Max 10
Refreshments + Lunch
Includes tea, coffee & biscuits.
Please provide your own lunch on full day courses,workshops and classes
What can I expect
The PAYG Creative Saturday offers you the flexibility to
- attend when you wish (pay as you go)
- draw or paint your own projects
- draw or paint a project set by your tutor
- We do our best to encourage you to be creative, so just come along – a basic range of materials are available to use.
- Bring your own materials if you have them and know what you want to do. Anything goes (no oil paints – use alkyd instead)!
- Tutor advice is available if you’re unsure of what materials, papers, canvases, etc. to buy.
Drawing and painting made simple and fun
Enjoy your drawing and painting in a supportive, relaxed and encouraging environment, with teaching that suits your needs that will allow your enjoyment and confidence to grow.
Even if you have never drawn or painted before – come along – give the studio open-day a try – you will be surprised at what you can achieve!
Relaxation, learning and social
We understand everyone learns at a different pace and in different ways with different objectives, so these studio open-days offers you the flexibility and freedom to develop in your own direction, at a leisurely pace that will ensure you maximise your enjoyment.
Choose this stand-alone PAYG Creative Saturday if you relish time to draw and paint and want to learn in a relaxed, supportive, sociable and creative art studio
“Really good. Everyone was really friendly. It built up my confidence and the tutor was lovely.”
“Enjoyed it – learned and developed my knowledge of acrylic painting. Relaxed – spacious facility and friendly.”
“Really enjoyable. Knowledgeable teacher with loads of hints and tips for improving work.”
PAYG Creative Saturday STRUCTURE
Your PAYG Creative Saturday will be relaxing and inspiring and you will benefit from lots of support, encouragement and 1:1 guidance from your experienced tutor. You will have time to work on your own projects, or if a complete beginner ask for a tutor-led creative drawing or painting project.
You will be amazed at how quickly you will develop projects and start to see your own style developing as your confidence grows.
- 1:1 support and guidance on what ever materials and techniques you choose to use – drawing in charcoal, pencil, ink or coloured pencils; paint in acrylics, alkyd or watercolours; experiment with a bit of mixed media; or learn how to use water soluble pencils, etc.
- A short (max 30 mins) formally taught session on a variety of art and painting techniques. Your tutor will choose one topic per studio-day and over time you will begin to build up a good foundation knowledge of art and painting techniques.
- 1:1 support and guidance on what ever materials and techniques you choose to use. Continue with your project from the morning.
- A short (max 20 mins) video and/or discussion (more like an informal chat!) about an artist or art movement. This is really important as it helps you appreciate your own projects more and gives you added confidence as your skills grow. Everything is done without art jargon and is led by your tutor in a very relaxed and informal way.
News, events, tips + info.
Unsubscribe when you wish.